Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My Rose Colored Sunglasses: Introduction

   I haven't posted on this blog for what seems like months. I haven't taken the time to sit down, like I am doing so right now and just absorb my thoughts. I've been living life -- well, almost. I say 'almost' because despite my reduced time spent on my laptop, I still find myself elsewhere... mentally. This year, so far has been a whirlwind of events, emotions, promotions (in all aspects of life), and dramatics. I feel myself both growing up and feeling undoubtedly young. I know no other way to describe such a feeling, except that time is standing still and moving faster than ever before. I turned twenty on May sixteenth, TWENTY. Although, I stopped feeling like a teenager at the age of sixteen, my age no longer carries the title of 'teen'. I don't feel as estranged as I imagined, but certain revelations have dawned on me since. Is that possible? With every birthday, I feel as if I am marked with a new stitch of skin. Perhaps it is God's way of reminding me that I should only move forward from that point on. Moving forward, I feel has been this year's lesson. I tend to be someone who lets unchangeable circumstances burden me. But this year, I've received an unnumbered amount of reasons to let go, and allow all the closure to unveil. By unveil, I mean me erasing all the facades and starting to walk around without being worried someone will throw salt on my wounds. Me living again, ultimately.