Friday, April 4, 2014

His Love

   I don't go to church as much as I'd like to, but when I do, I always hear just what my heart needs to hear. This past Sunday, my pastor's sermon was all about God's new covenant--His promise, His love, His forgiveness. Much of this sermon highlighted our rights and wrongs, our faults and commitments, our mistakes and our achievements. It wasn't until pastor Tim brought up how humans tend to fixate on their pasts, and how one will often walk around looking down. How one will worry God has condemned them for a sin they've made--so they stop living. But pastor Tim brought up this up, say you're talking to God, pleading for forgiveness over a past mistake and God replies, "wait.... what mistake?" and that's it. Just like that, your 'mistake' is no longer a mistake; the mess is all cleaned up and you're on to a fresh new start because God has forgiven you and graced you with a new chance. How beautiful is this? knowing our God is all forgiving and so incredibly loving? He loves us that much.

****Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.*****