Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Rose Colored Sunglasses: Love

Love, "an intense feeling of deep affection." That sounds pretty concrete, pretty universal. Love is universal. One could have an intense feeling of deep affection for anything, anyone. And that 'intense feeling of deep affection' is considered love. So, why for generations, for years way behind our time.. love has been reduced, limited, and condemned to one sole definition? One where it is feared, looked down on if professed between the same gender -- one that gets put in the "I don't believe in this" column. Now, I'm not saying Love is this way for everyone, and as we grow further into the future, its "definition" is getting rewritten into its original intent. Which I love. But I suppose, what I'm trying to say is, why after all these years do we still fear love? I fear love. There are over a  million types of different love: but the love I fear is complicated. The love I fear is powerful, life-changing, blinding, and intoxicating. I'm sure, we've all experienced this type of love once, are experiencing it, or have YET to experience it. I'm still trying to figure out if it is possible to experience it twice....but with the same force? most certainly not. As I get more into this jumble of contradictory sentences - I answer my question. We fear love, I fear love because IT  can actually move mountains. IT can bring change, IT can actually save a broken heart, IT can return light....... it can change the world. Humans crave normalcy, humans push away that in which it doesn't understand, that in which it can't understand. Humans can't understand THIS love and that is why the herd that remains in the dark, the herd that point their fingers, the herd that "hate love", the herd that say loving someone of the same-sex is wrong: that herd simply cannot understand. I understand and understanding is probably scariest of all. Because us rare exceptions, us folk with the rose colored sunglasses on can see Love's power; We can hear its voice, and we can feel its warmth. I deem this scary because well, the folk wearing the rose colored sunglasses are pretty powerful, no? 

Thanks Love......
Because of You, we have the advantage.