Wednesday, March 26, 2014

It's Here, and There, and Everywhere

I've been rather fortunate in my (almost) 20 years of life with inspiring, uplifting, and loving figures. Even if some were only in a few chapters -- I don't know what I did to deserve the people I have/had. I bring this up because every now and then, I receive these moments of extreme gratitude.

  Have you ever noticed or given much thought to a simple, "Text me when you get home" from your friend or family member? or a "Please don't forget to put on your seat belt" or "Take care of yourself. Eat something good" ? even the unspoken gestures: a warm smile, a hug, a "I'm scared..." so they'll let you wrap your arm around theirs... These all say, 'I love you'
If you pay attention, the people in your life are constantly saying just that without even saying it.
The little things.
whenever I find myself feeling unappreciated, misinterpreted, or alone -I look back to these moments. The small gestures always bring me comfort; they are so effortless and unconsciously genuine.

My friends and family are my greatest treasure. I have an over dramatic, abundance of love for each and every single one. I'd like to think, each one represents a different part of me. My puzzle pieces.... :)

It's important to recognize the parts society doesn't magnify. We look to TV shows and movies for a sense of familiarity to be able to relate and connect, when life starts looking less bright.... but what matters most is already unveiled and out for us to grasp. Once you've scouted the first bit, the rest comes without even our knowing. Love just is and it is free and it is everywhere.